Monday, October 27, 2014

Cooking With Broke College Students Volume 2

I LOVE THAI FOOD. I'M BROKE.


Well, I have a solution for you. Introducing Poor Man's Pad Thai:

 

Ingredients:

1 Pack Chicken Ramen

Small handful of sunflower seeds

1 Egg

Thai Chili Sauce (to taste)

Optional: sesame oil, soy sauce, bean sprouts (if you can afford them)

 

1.  Cook Ramen however you cook Ramen. I use the microwave. 

2. In a separate pan, scramble egg.

3. Drain Ramen water and add seasoning packet.

4. Add Thai Chili to taste.

5. Add egg, sunflower seeds, and optional ingredients.

6. Stir thoroughly and enjoy.

 

It's easy. It takes five minutes. And it costs about $0.50 per bowl. I've been using the same jar of chili sauce and sunflower seeds since May and I make this a few times a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment